Friday, May 20, 2011

Typography in the Home

I hate t-shirts and clothes that have slogans on them. If you want to make a point, you can make it by the way you act and dress, but there is no need to literally write it across your chest. 


Having said that, for some reason I have no problem with written decoration used in interiors.


 Maybe because, in these examples I have collected, it is more about the typography or the form of the letter, rather than what it actually says.


These two pictures above are from the very talented Annaleena's home. The big black 'A' is actually painted in blackboard paint in her daughters room. The 'STAR' she made with fairy lights.



So in love with the two mirrored beauties above, they are from the same house found in Marie Claire Maison. Of course there was also this mirrored 'M' that I fell in love with in March...I would welcome any mirrorXtypography piece into my house.


Above and below, alphabet wallpaper. This looks striking, but I don't think I could live with something so busy. Maybe in a room I didn't use everyday?

xk

No comments:

Post a Comment