Saturday, September 10, 2011

Atelier Abigail Ahern

Atelier Abigail Ahern, what a fantastic name for a design company! I LOVE alliteration. 

This is the home of Abigail Ahern, of AAA, as photographed by Todd Selby. I regularly check The Selby to see what kinds of inspiring spaces have been documented. However, I was particulary drawn to this space because of the DARK colours, which I have never had the guts to use in a dramatic way.



You can see that the dark colours used together with bright accessories, creates a seductive and soothing space. Abigail sums it up perfectly on her blog.."Once you cross over (to the dark side that is) life just seems a little more enchanting. Furniture, accessories pop out and almost tantalise."

She says of the chandelier in her seriously delightful bathroom.. "Yes it's hung way too low and I bang my head constantly when getting out of the bath (who cares), but it adds an element of whimsy."...Love her dedication! And of course, I had to include a photo of her cute puppy. 

More photos at The Selby
x

No comments:

Post a Comment