Monday, September 12, 2011

Inside, Inside Out

A New York warehouse conversion? 
No, the home of fashion designers Nick and Jenny Clegg is actually a new build in Auckland, New Zealand. 


Like my previous post, this house has dark base colours mixed with lots of brights. Unlike the previous post, three kids live here and they are encouraged to draw on the walls...


Obviously the home is full to the brim with creativity, but I particulary like the print (above) customised with a fluro orange cloud-creature and the wooden crates used to organise things (above and below). 


I am really considering a dark charcoal paint colour in our bedroom (like the photo above). I was concerned it may be a bit depressing, but I think I have come to the conclusion that it is comforting and restful. We have enough natural light that it wouldn't feel like we were underground or something. 

xK


These photos are of Inside Out May/June 2011. 
The magazine is resting on a Missoni Home ottoman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment